- Ferdig, M. A. (2019). “Leadership for Sustainability: Generative Engagement for Change.” In Encyclopedia of World’s Biomes, Reference Module in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences, Cambridge, MA: Elsevier Press.
- Ferdig, M. A. and Wright, P. (2012). “Transdisciplinary-based education for sustainability leaders: Learning while Doing.” Published proceedings, Sustainability Transdisciplinary Conference, Leuphana University, Germany.
- Wright, P. and Ferdig, M. A. (2011). “Christopher Cooke Advances Conversations about Biological Agriculture Methods—and Health—in Australia.” SLI Publication Series: Sustainability Leaders in Action, SLI Website.
- Wright, P. and Ferdig, M. A. (2011). “Eric Thorsell: Creative Collaboration to Design Affordable Prosthetics.” SLI Publication Series: Sustainability Leaders in Action, SLI Website.
- Ferdig, M. A. (2007). “Sustainability Leadership: Co-creating a Sustainable Future.” Journal of Change Management. Routledge, 7(2), 25-35.
- Ferdig, M. A. and Ludema, J. D. (2004). “Transformative Interactions: Qualities of Conversation that Heighten the Vitality of Self-organizing Change.” In W. Pasmore and R. Woodman (Eds.), Research in Organizational Change and Development. Stamford: JAI Press.
- Ferdig, M.A. (2001). “Exploring the Social Construction of Complex Self-Organizing Change: A Study of Emerging Change in the Regulation of Nuclear Power.” (Benedictine University, Chicago, IL) Dissertation Abstracts International, 62(04a), 233. (Research funded by National Academy of Sciences)
- Ferdig, M. A. (2013). “What is Sustainability and Why Does it Matter?” Pro-green Exposition Conference Presentation, Denver, CO.
- Ferdig, M. A. (2013). “Changing Minds: Changing Behaviors.” Nebraska Energy Assistance Network Presentation, Lincoln, NE.
- Ferdig, M. A. (2010). “Sustainability Leadership in the World of Environmental Health.” National Environmental Health Association, Annual Education Conference Presentation, Albuquerque, NM.
- Ferdig, M. A. (2009). “What is Sustainability? Why Should We Care?” Sustainable Enterprise Conference Keynote, Dana College, Blair, NE.